Update added by user Aug 23, 2015
It took a few days, but I finally called in and talked to someone in management (not the front office).
Turned out the problem was not 4colorprint's fault, but instead the fault of their printing contractor.Also adding to the problem, was our poor design choices where silk was put on top of foil (which is not recommended).
In short, they went above and beyond to resolve the problem.
Issuing a full refund .
Glad I spoke with Brielle.if you have a problem, talk to her first.
Original review posted by user May 01, 2015
What an absolutely pathetic experience. If you shop from these guys make sure to use a credit card which offers buyer protection. For me it has become a Credit Card dispute, as DGI is probably the worst company I have dealt with in 35 years!.
Firstly, don't get tricked by the BBB seal on their website. Taking a closer look you will find that even on the BBB they have numerous complaints, which eventually get resolved since they continue to pay their BBB dues.
Secondly, DGI is not a printing company at all. You wont find this on their website, but they are simply a re-seller of cheap Chinese printed cards. They simply act as a middle man, taking orders, and then having whatever cheap Chinese printer they use create their items.
Here is my nightmare with DGI.
1. Ordered Cards Late March - $155.50 charged.
2. Many emails checking status without any updates
3. They finally respond they had a QC issue and had to reprint the cards.
4. Mid April, cards arrive directly from CHINA via DHL.
5. 60% + of the CARDS ARE DEFECTIVE! They are bent, the printing is off, and majority of cards have scratches.
6. Call DGI, + Email them, they acknowledged cards are messed up by try to shift blame on me, saying it was a problem with my artwork. Funny, since their printer in china was able to get 40% of them correctly. More like they outsourced to sloppy vendor.
7. I asked to return the cards, they said they cannot take them back, but I would have the opportunity to have them Re-Printed by them. After explaining I was not going to give them a 3rd attempt, and calling my credit card to re-affirm my rights, to avoid a dispute AMY at their company asked me to return the cards.
8. I mailed back the cards at my expense (USPS), and emailed them my tracking label letting them know the cards were coming back.
9. Followed up on the refund, instead found out that they 1. Refused my return package, 2. Were not willing to give me a full refund and that now my options were to take a partial refund (so they dont lose money on shipping) or I give them the 3rd chance they wanted to mess up on printing cards again.
10. After another few emails, they finally agreed to take back the cards and issue a full refund. That was suppose to happen today.
11. Called them today to follow up on the refund, they are stating they will not issue it until they have it delivered by UPS. Meaning they would rather me stay home all day, wait for UPS to pick up their garbage, than issue me a refund on cards they produced (defective) and already shipped to them once at my expense.
12. Left package by my door. Hopefully UPS can figure it out. I am moving forward with my Credit Card Dispute.
Total = 4-6 hours wasted, $155 in limbo until Visa corrects their mistake.
The bottom line is this. DGI (and whatever names they operate as, 4colorprint, silkcards) is not an honest business. The are just a middle man which takes ZERO responsibility when their vendors in China mess up. Once they charge your card, if they mess up, they are so desperate to hold your money that they will create a series of loops for you to jump through, rather than issue a refund.
Its sad that companies like this even exist in the US. Hopefully the next potential customer will not make the same mistake as I did, but instead look over reviews before making a purchase.
I highly recommend you find someone else, or if you want garbage prints, then deal with China directly and cut out this middle man.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Lower prices than competition
What I disliked
- Garbage they sent me
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Business Cards
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "I had this page bookmarked in the event that we didn't close on our home. However, we closed after A LOT of bickering with the Mortgage Consultant, handholding, and..."
- "I had a bad experience with a roofer that they have listed on their site. This is ARH Roof Repair out of Thornton, Colorado. The owner, Rick, smeared..."
- "Complain in details below 1.Rented a car with prepaid option for 3 days at the rate of $33. Paid $99 upfront when booking a car. 2.Rented period was from 09/02 9:25 am..."
- " I have ordered the Home Expressions 2-Pack Grommet-Top Curtain Panel, Item #731-1569D - product: Norris 2pk 118x84. color: Linen 1st order on 10/02/2016 with order number: 2016-2765-8032-6258, received..."
- " threaten and harassed constantly by Bonnie Kelly at hilltop in Phenix city.. She charge $25 for every thing believes her and her soon who is very involved in the..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "Name is Nagesh.I placed an order at for SUBWAY lower parel phoenix mill store at 2.25 PM and got messge that it will get delivered by 3.10pm . no one..."